Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat for eight hours prior to the appointment. During the eight hours prior to the appointment, you are allowed to drink no more than 4 ounces of clear juice up to two hours before.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Brockett or Patel prior to your surgical date for instructions.